The force exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries is known as blood pressure. High blood pressure is also known as silent killer. The blood pressure is recorded as two numbers, systolic and diastolic. The systolic blood pressure is the pressure exerted on the arteries while the heart is beating. The diastolic pressure is the pressure existing in the arteries when the heart relaxes between beats. When blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg or more for a prolonged period, it is known as hypertension or high blood pressure. Risk factors for hypertension are age, physical inactivity, family history, age, excess salt consumption in diet, stress, excess tobacco and alcohol consumption. Symptoms of hypertension are chest pain, blood in urine, vision problems, and severe headache. When high blood pressure is untreated it can lead to stroke, heart failure, heart attack, peripheral arterial disease, and angina. Heart failure occurs when there is not enough supply of blood to the heart and due to lack of oxygen the heart muscles die. Heart failure arises when the heart is not able to pump the required amount of blood and oxygen to other organs. Moreover, in hypertension stress is being put on blood vessel walls which cause the blood vessels to deteriorate and thicken, which can lead to stroke.
Blood pressure transducer is a device which is used to measure blood pressure in arteries and veins. It contains a flexible metallic diaphragm that is connected to a device via inductive connection. This device is further connected to a plastic dome that provides hydraulic coupling. The transducer also contains infusion tube which has a liquid. This liquid is in contact with the diaphragm. In response to the transmitter pressure waveform, this liquid moves forward. Furthermore, a small plate is connected to strain gauges. Two of the strain gauges are compressed while rest two gauges are stretched. The diaphragm aids in moving this small plate.
The major factor driving the blood pressure transducer market is increasing prevalence of hypertension. According to the World Heart Federation, about 330 million people in developed countries and 640 million individuals in developing countries have hypertension. Furthermore, nearly one billion people have high blood pressure globally. The prevalence of hypertension in low, lower-middle and upper-middle income countries is higher than in high-income countries. Amongst them, two-thirds are from developing countries. For instance, it is estimated that in 2025 there will be 1.56 billion adults living with hypertension. Moreover, rise in the cardiovascular diseases will also facilitate the growth of this market. For instance, globally, every year, 15 million people suffer a stroke. Furthermore, increase in the geriatric population will also fuel the growth of this market. For instance, according to WHO, in 2015, 900 million people were 60 years of age or older. By 2050, the number will reach to 2 billion. Moreover, physical inactivity, and unhealthy food habits will also fuel the growth of this market. However, dearth of skilled experts can hamper the growth of this market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the blood pressure transducers market is acquisition to gain more share. For instance, in January 2017, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation acquired Valtech Cardio. This acquisition will help Edward Lifesciences Corporation to gain more market share. The major players in the blood pressure transducers market are Argon Medical Devices, Inc., Utah Medical Products, Inc., MEMSCAP Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, ICU Medical, Inc., and Edwards Lifesciences Corporation.
Blood Pressure Transducers Market Segmentation:
By Product Type:
- Disposable Blood Pressure Transducers
- Reusable Blood Pressure Transducers
By End User:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country