Mobile backhaul refers to the connectivity between radio controllers and base stations in cellular systems over different transport media. It plays a crucial role in maintaining network performance and delivering optimal user experience. In a hierarchical telecom network, the backhaul segment of the network consists of intermediate links between the backbone network and the small sub-networks located at the edge of the hierarchical network. Cell phones connected to a single cell tower form a local sub-network. The communication between the cell tower and rest of the world is facilitated through a backhaul connection to the core of the internet service provider’s network. The mobile backhaul capacity needed at every base station is different depending on the population density and target data rates.
With increase in number of data capable devices and high bandwidth applications, there has been a substantial increase in mobile data traffic globally. With many telecom operators providing new broadband data services such as mobile TV, online gaming and ubiquitous computing, the rate of consumption of data has witnessed an unprecedented surge lately. As a result, telecommunication companies are installing smaller cells in order to increase the efficiency of the network and manage the abundant data traffic. This has led to large scale adoption of mobile backhaul equipment to connect these smaller cells to the core network.
The major advantage of wireless and mobile backhaul is elimination of fiber and leased lines resulting in significant cuts in operational costs. Extra network capacity can be added within hours to manage the abundant traffic on the network. Such scalability in response to growing traffic demands is the key value proposition of wireless backhaul technology. Circumnavigating geographic barriers for network expansion has been possible due to the critical applications of wireless and mobile backhaul.
The key driving factors for the wireless and mobile backhaul equipment market are high volume of data generated across present network and increasing use of data capable devices such smartphones along with other smart devices. With rapid digitalization being undertaken in developing countries, the demand for wireless backhaul equipment will further increase in coming years. However, high initial investment required for setting up the backhaul networks can hamper the growth of the wireless and mobile backhaul equipment market to some extent.
The major players in wireless and mobile backhaul equipment market focus on technological advancement to outperform their competitors. Some of the prominent players operating in the wireless and mobile backhaul equipment market are, Vodacom, Telecom Italia S.p.A., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Avea Communication Services Inc., Singapore Telecommunications Ltd, Tellabs Broadband LLC, Samsung Electronics, NTT DOCOMO, INC., Siemens Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited, Ericsson AB, Motorola Mobility LLC. and Sprint Corporation.
Wireless and Mobile Backhaul Equipment Market Segmentation:
- Microwave equipment
- Sub-6 GHz Equipment
- Millimeter Equipment
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- System Integration Services
- Network Services
- Professional services
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country