Wearable injectors are also known as large volume injector which helps in administering large volumes of drug via subcutaneous route. They are faster means of drug delivery and are self-administered. Wearable injectors provide reduced dosing frequency and improve safety, efficacy, convenience and tolerability. Wearable injectors are connected to body with an infusion set or directly attached to the skin. It is necessary to consider physiology of skin before attaching the wearable injectors to the skin. They also avoid systemic effects such as headache, fever and nausea. Wearable injectors are gaining importance as they are prefilled and fully disposable. They also offer easy adherence to skin. They are generally used to deliver 2-10 ml dose volumes. Wearable injectors reduce the necessity to visit the hospital. Wearable injectors offer convenience of usage and improved patient compliance. Wearable injectors are used in treatment of cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and autoimmune disorder, cancer and blood disorders. Wearable injectors are of two types, namely, off-body worn belt injector and body-worn patch injector. In off-body worn belt injector, an adhesive is used to connect the device with the skin of patient. Off-body worn belt injector can be used to deliver volumes up to 20 ml. Body-worn patch injector uses a needle which automatically injects and retracts. It can be used to deliver volumes above 20 ml.
The major driver for the growth of global wearable injectors market is the advancements in the technology such as wearable injectors integrated with Bluetooth. With the help of this technological advancement, patients can get injection reminders and data regarding their therapy regime. Another factor driving this market is the benefit of wearable injectors such as large volume dose administration and requirement of subcutaneous injection over conventional injectors. Moreover, increase in the prevalence of cancer will also fuel the growth of this market. For instance, according to American Cancer Society, in U.S., about 14.5 million people were suffering from cancer. Furthermore, increase in the biologics market is set to drive the market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the market is collaborations to gain more share. For instance, in February 2016, UNILIFE CORPORATION strategically collaborated with Amgen Inc. for injectable drug delivery systems. In this collaboration, UNILIFE CORPORATION has granted Amgen Inc. rights for UNILIFE CORPORATION’s prefilled, customizable wearable injectors. With this collaboration, UNILIFE CORPORATION will gain more market share and generate more revenue.
The major players in the global wearable injectors market are Amgen Inc., Enable Injections, Inc., Bühler Motor GmbH, Insulet Corporation, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Ypsomed AG, UNILIFE CORPORATION, and SteadyMed Therapeutics, Inc.
- Mechanical Injector
- Electronic Injector
- Off-Body Worn Belt Injector
- Body-Worn Patch Injector
- Blood Disorder
- Infectious Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Autoimmune Disorder
By End User:
- Lab and Diagnostics
- Hospital Care
- Home Care
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country