Cable allows exchange of data between the computer's components and peripherals. On the other hand, connector is part of cable that can be plugged into a port for connecting one device to other. Cables and Connectors are of six types, namely, Category 5 (CAT5), Category 6 (CAT6), High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), Digital Visual Interface (DVI), Universal Serial Bus (USB), and Video Graphics Array (VGA). Category 5 cable is used in Ethernet connection as well as other data transmissions. It offers high bandwidth, low cost, and ease of installation. The next type of cables and connector is category 6 cable. Category 6 cable supports Gigabit Ethernet that is used in home and business networks. In a VGA cable, there are 15 pins arranged in 3 rows. CAT 6 uses four wire signaling scheme to provide required data rates. The next type of cable and connector is High-Definition Multimedia Interface. It supports high definition video and can carry formats such as DTS or Dolby. It can support formats such as 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1080i, NTSC or PAL. There are four types of HDMI connectors, namely, type A, B, C, and D. Type A, C and D are 19 pin connectors, while type B is 29 pin connector. Universal Serial Bus is a connection that is supported by major operating systems. With USB cable it is possible to connect hardware’s such as flash drives, mouse, cameras, printers, and smartphones to a computer. There are four USB standards, namely, USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1. Virtual Graphics Array is a display standard which provides 640x480 color resolution. Monitors, projector or TV can be connected to a computer with the help of a VGA connector. Lastly, Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is used to connect video display controller to a computer monitor. It transmits uncompressed digital video into three modes, namely, DVI-I, DVI-D and DVI-A.
The major factor driving the cables and connector market is the rise in demand for high-speed connectivity. For instance in June 2017, in a joint project with Boeing, ViaSat Inc. launched a satellite that will deliver 100 Mbps service remote areas in U.S., Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa. Additionally, government initiatives will also fuel the growth of this market. For instance, in January 2017, Indian government took an initiative to create 1000 digital villages for improving internet access. Moreover, efficiency and high performance of cables and connector will fuel the growth of this market. However, rise in investments in wireless communication will hamper the growth of cables and connector market.
The key strategy followed by major players in the market is product launch to gain competitive edge over the competitors and more share. For instance, in May 2016, Nexans launched new low voltage WINDLINK which is an aluminum torsion-resistant loop cable solution for wind turbines. It can withstand torsion as it forms loop in the nacelle. With the launch of WINDLINK, Nexans will gain competitive advantage over the competitors and more market share.
The major players in the cables and connector market are Prysmian Group., AXON’ CABLE SAS., Molex Inc., Fujitsu Group, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., 3M Company, Nexans, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, TE Connectivity Corporation, and Amphenol.
Cables and Connector Market Segmentation:
- Category 5 (CAT5)/Category 6(CAT6)
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)
- Video Graphics Array (VGA)
By Industry Vertical:
- Energy and Power
- Military and Defense
- Oil and Gas
By Installation Type:
- External Cables and Connectors
- Internal Cables and Connectors
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country