Aerosol packaging is a disperse phase system in which very fine solid or liquid droplets get dispersed in the gas which acts as continuous phase. Aerosols are unique pharmaceutical dosage forms depending on container, value assembly and propellants for the delivery of the ingredients. Aerosol containers are most commonly used for packaging wide range of substances. Aerosols carries active drug to the surface called surface sprays including products such as deodorants, hair sprays and perfumes. The liquefied or gaseous propellant, present inside the container creates pressure which activates value which forces the contents of the package out through opening present in the value. Effectives of pharmaceutical aerosol depend on right combination of product concentration, container and value assembly.
Aerosol packaging consists of three main parts: value system, actuator and container. Actuator is the button used for activating value assembly by providing mechanism for turning off and on. Depending on functional design of value and activator, the particle size of the emitted liquid or gas can be manipulated for higher efficiency. Generally values are used to retain material in the metering chamber for longer period. Aerosol has been widely used in packaging of range of products such as cosmetic and household to specific aerosol types dedicated for industrial or medical purpose. Aerosols are widely used to deliver drugs to nasal cavity and pulmonary airways. They are also used to administer drugs in body cavities such as vagina and rectum.
Increasing sales of personal care and household products is expected to be key factor responsible for the growth of the market. In addition, continuously increasing demand for aerosol products in agriculture, cosmetic industry and automobiles will further drive the growth of the market. Furthermore, increasing efforts of manufacturers for marketing and distribution of aerosol products will led to high adoption of such products. However, high cost of aerosol packaging and regulatory issues regarding use of aerosol is expected to hamper growth of the market.
Key players operating in the global market include Lindal Group, Ball Aerosol Packaging SA, Crown Holdings, Inc., Ardagh Group S.A., CCL Container, Inc., and Asian Aerosol Pvt. Ltd. These companies are focusing on new product development for expanding their product portfolio and acquiring larger market share. For instance in May 2017, Newstripe, Inc. had launched new aerosol disposable system Safe2Vent Drum Vent filter containing indicator to show when the unit is completely depressurized and it’s safe to open.
Technological advancements and increasing investments in research and development will provide lucrative growth opportunities for market players. Newer technologies such as 3D printing can be seen as a new way for packaging providing potential opportunities in coming years. 3D printing will allow packaging machines to be sold with an additional package that contains all necessary software for end user to print out critical spare parts using 3D technology. Moreover, increasing demand for medical solutions designed to administered drugs into blood stream will further propel growth of aerosol packaging materials.
Aerosol Packaging Market Segmentation:
- Stainless steel
- Tin-plated steel
- Coated glass
By End User
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country