Patient registry systems constitute critical instruments for the improvement of healthcare planning and patient care along with development of clinical research. Patient registries have major benefits for a diverse set of stakeholders while representing evidence to support authorization of medical products. Registries can provide clinical practice data which can be helpful in building predictive models that include data from both registries and RCTs for bridging the gap between efficacy and effectiveness. The results observed in RCTs can be generalized to a real-world setting using registries.
At an early stage in the drug development process, patient registries can efficiently provide a characterization of the target population in terms of medication use, co-morbidities, safety concerns and complications along with important data on disease prevalence, epidemiology and natural outcomes. In clinical trials, patient registries can provide data on patients having similar clinical and demographic characteristics for the clinical programme under study. Such data can prove vital for validating efficacy and safety of the drug under study.
Public health authorities can benefit from patient registries for assessing outcomes of different therapies and their effectiveness. For instance, the UK Renal Registry collects a comprehensive database which includes data on renal diseases, demographics, treatments, co-morbidities, patient-reported outcomes and laboratory results related to all the renal replacement therapy (RRT) patients in the UK. Patient registries largely assist researchers and clinicians to assess the effects of medications on patients with diverse medical characteristics. For instance, the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) registry enable the researchers to monitor the impact of novel drugs in clinical trials along with non-interventional prospective studies.
Some of the key factors driving the global patient registry software market are increasing need to reduce cost of healthcare and to improve process flows in healthcare institutions. Rising demand from patient community for improving the quality of healthcare is also largely contributing to the large scale adoption of patient registry software by the healthcare fraternity. With increasing prevalence chronic disorders such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases and rising geriatric population around the world, the demand for patient registry software solutions is expected to significantly increase during the forecast period.
The key players operating in the global patient registry software market focus on product development and innovation in order to introduce next-generation patient registry solutions and secure a larger share of the competitive market. For instance in December 2016, International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) launched the first global, web-based patient registry which includes international data related to articular cartilage injury, treatment and its history on a global scale. The registry was launched in order to assist clinicians, health funders and companies with more evidences which can be utilized for better understanding safe and effective treatments. Some of the key players operating in this market are, International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), FIGmd, Inc, ImageTrend, Inc., Liaison Technologies, Inc., Dacima Software, Inc., Premier, Inc., Global Vision Technologies, Inc., INC Research, LLC, ifa systems AG, M2S, Inc. (acquired by Medstreaming), Quintiles Transnational Corp., Evado Pty Ltd and McKesson Corporation.
Patient Registry Software Market Segmentation:
By Registry Type:
- Health Service Registries
- Disease Registries
- Rare Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
By Pricing Model:
By Type of Software:
- Patient Care Management
- Population Health Management (PHM)
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Medical Research and Clinical Studies
- Product Outcome Evaluation
By Deployment Mode:
By End User:
- Hospitals and Medical Practices
- Government Organizations and Third-party Administrators (TPAs)
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical Device Companies
- Private Payers
- Research Centers
By Type of Database:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country