The endocrine system consists of endocrine glands such as pituitary, pineal, parathyroid, hypothalamus, adrenal, thyroid, thymus, ovaries, and testes. These glands are responsible for the secretion of hormones and regulate function and metabolism. Endocrine testing helps in measuring the levels of hormones and to confirm normal functioning of the endocrine glands. There are different tests for different endocrine disorders. Insulin test is used to determining the blood glucose level in diabetes patients. Estradiol test is done for checking infertility and in abnormal menstrual periods. Cortisol test is done to find the problems of adrenal or pituitary glands. Progesterone test is done to find the cause of infertility and check the risk of miscarriage. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) hormone test is done for confirming pregnancy. Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) test is done to check the functionality of thyroid gland. Testosterone test is done in case of delayed puberty.
The major factor driving the endocrine testing market is increase in prevalence of diabetes. According to International Diabetes Federation, in 2015, diabetes affected 415 million people worldwide and this number is expected to reach up to 642 million by 2040. It also states that worldwide, around 542,000 children were suffering from type 1 diabetes. Additionally, increase in prevalence of endocrine disorders will also fuel the growth of this market. For instance according to International Osteoporosis Foundation, in 2014, there were around 125 million people with osteoporosis in Europe, India, Japan and the U.S. Moreover, increasing in prevalence of obesity is set to drive the market. For instance, according to WHO, in 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older were overweight. Out of these, over 600 million were obese. Moreover, it also states that, in 2014, 41 million children whose age was under 5 were obese or overweight. Increase in prevalence of geriatric population coupled with chronic diseases will also drive this market. According to WHO, in 2015, 900 million people were 60 years of age or older and this number is expected to reach up to 2 billion by 2050. However, high cost of the technology will hamper the growth of the endocrine testing market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the market is product launch to gain more share and competitive edge over the competitors. For instance, in April 2013, F. Hoffmann La-Roche AG launched Elecsys Calcitonin which is a new test for diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid cancer. With the launch of Elecsys Calcitonin, F. Hoffmann La-Roche AG will gain more share and competitive advantage over the competitors.
The major players in the endocrine testing market are Quest Diagnostics, SCIEX Pte. Ltd., DiaSorin Inc., bioMerieux SA, Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffmann La-Roche AG, LabCorp, and Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Endocrine Testing Market Segmentation:
- Clinical Chemistry Technology
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Immunoassay Technology
- Sensors Technology
- Monoclonal and Polyclonal Antibody Technology
By Test Type:
- Insulin Test
- Estradiol(E2) Test
- Cortisol Test
- Progesterone Test
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Hormone Test
- Cortisol Test
- Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS) Test
- Prolactin Test
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Test
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Test
- Testosterone Test
By End User:
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Commercial Laboratories
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country