A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth along with adjoining tissues. It improves speech and chewing ability of people who have lost some or all of their natural teeth. Another important function of a denture is to provide support to the facial muscles. Dentures can be classified into fixed partial denture, partial denture, complete denture and overdenture. In a fixed partial denture (a fixed bridge), one or more false teeth are held between healthy teeth on both the sides. A patient cannot take such type of a bridge out by himself. In removable partial dentures, one or more false teeth are held in their place by clasps that can be fitted onto healthy teeth nearby. Complete dentures replace all the teeth. Overdentures are complete or partial denture prosthesis constructed over existing root structure or teeth. An overdenture helps preserve the alveolar bone and can withstand more occlusal load.
A denture base is a part of the denture that rests on the foundation and to which the teeth are attached. Some of the materials generally used in denture bases are Bakelite, stainless steel, acrylic resin, epoxy resin, and nylon among other materials. Denture adhesives are materials used for enhancing denture retention, function and stability. Among the objectives to be achieved while making a conventional denture, stability and retention issues are of great importance as they ensure comfort and safety of the users. Denture adhesives can be used while performing clinical procedures that require more stability of the denture base. Denture adhesives can be used for patients with sensitive mucosa where these adhesives act as a cushion for reducing tissue irritation. Such irritation may result from compression such as inflammation and ulcers.
Some key drivers enabling the growth of the global denture market are, rising prevalence of geriatric population, rising incidence of various dental disorders and increase in disposable income of people in developing nations who are willing to spend on dental care procedures. According to a survey conducted by the American College of Prosthodontists, about 15% of the edentulous population in the U.S. has dentures made every year. With increasing prevalence of edentulous population, the dentures market will witness favorable growth in coming years. However, factors such as unfavorable reimbursement policies and problem related to dentures such as gum and, mouth irritation and inconvenience while eating and speaking can hinder the growth of the global dentures market.
The major players in the global dentures market focus on product development to introduce advanced products with enhanced stability and retention properties in order to outgrow their competitors. For instance, in March 2015, Global Dental Science launched world’s first fully milled denture in which the base and the teeth are single unit resulting in greater strength and esthetics. Some of the key players in the global dentures market are, Yamahachi Dental Mfg., Co., VITA Zahnfabrik H. Rauter GmbH & Co. KG, Shandong Huge Dental Material Corporation, Ivoclar Vivadent, Inc., New Stetic SA, Merz Dental GmbH, Ruthinium Dental Products (P) Ltd. and Beta Health Association, Inc.
Dentures Market Segmentation:
By Denture Type:
- Partial Denture
- Complete Denture
By Material Type:
- Acrylic Dentures
- Porcelain dentures
By Layer type:
- Two-layer Denture
- Three-layer Denture
- Four-layer Denture
- Clinical Applications
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics Applications
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country