The cosmetic industry has witnessed tremendous growth in last few decades. Cosmetics are types of products or mixtures derived either from natural sources (such as coconut oil) or synthetic sources which are used to enhance beauty of a person. Sun cares, hair care, skin care, make up and fragrances are some of the cosmetic products predominantly available and used by large number of population. Today the use of cosmetics is not limited only to women, men’s cosmetics also play significant role in cosmetic industry. Packaging is essential component of cosmetic industry. Cosmetic packaging industry has seen lucrative growth in last few decades owing to increase demand for safe packaging and number of cosmetic users.
Primary packaging is the material that holds the product and package is in direct contact with the content whereas secondary packaging involves grouping of primary packages together. The primary aim of packaging is to protect sensitive content of cosmetic products as well as to provide convince to users as well as vendors. A wide range of materials are used for packaging including metals, plastic, foils and even paper. Plastic materials such as acrylic and polypropylene are one of the most commonly used materials for packing broad range of cosmetic products owing to low cost, light weight and high flexibility and durability. Glass is another largely used material for packaging of cosmetic products especially eye shadow, lip gloss and nails paints. The three main types of glass used for packaging are borosilicate, treated soda-lime and regular soda-lime owing to their unique properties and high tensile strength.
Increasing demand for eco-friendly material and rise in demand for multifunctional equipment’s and assembly lines is expected to drive growth of the global market. Furthermore, introduction of efficient packaging processes will drive the cosmetic packaging market. The consumer demand for cosmetic products has increased substantially resulting in increased demand for efficient packaging; further increasing demand for packaging equipment to produce higher quality of products. However fluctuating cost of raw materials and stringent government regulations is expected to slow down growth of the market.
Key players operating in global cosmetic packaging material market include Aptargroup Inc., Gerresheimer AG, RPC Group Plc, Amcor Limited, Libo Cosmetics Company, Ltd., Albea, Quadpack Group, HCP Packaging, Fusion Packaging, and ABC Packaging Ltd. Mergers and Acquisitions are key strategy adopted by majority of players to expand their market coverage and to gain competitive edge over other players in the market. For instance on September 2016, Amcor has acquired Sonoco Products Company for expanding their product portfolio, to acquire new customers and to position their business to grow faster than overall market. This acquisition will enhance Amcor’s product offering by adding new technologies including more extensive blow moulding and injection technologies.
Development of new packaging material with specific functionality will open new opportunities for players operating in the market. Technological advancements such as nanotechnology will revolutionise the cosmetic packaging industry. Nanotechnology will bring about entire new world of performance possibilities. Nano composites are mixtures of nanomaterial fillers such as clay or fibres (including cellulose and silica) with polymers which are coated onto the packaging material. Nanotechnology is increasingly used in cosmetic industry for packaging owing to its property of protecting content from enzymatic and chemical degradation. Such advanced technologies will drive the growth of the market in coming years.
The Global Cosmetic Packaging Material Market Segmentation:
By Container Type
- Caps & closures
- Pen types
- Jars & containers
- Pumps & dispensers
By Material Type
- Hair care
- Skin care
- Nail care
By Declared Capacity
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
- Type 4
- Type 5
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country