Card edge connectors are the devices which are used to connect the printed circuit boards to the system for data transmission. Single, double-sided or multi-layer printed circuit boards can be connected faster with the help of card edge connectors. Card edge connectors are used in Peripheral Component Interconnect, Peripheral Component Interconnect express and Accelerated Graphics Port. They are simple, reliable and cost-effective which lead to the improvements in card edge technology. Card Edge connectors are available in three types, namely, 4 mm Pitch card Edge Socket, 3.96 mm Pitch Card Edge Socket, and 2.54 mm Pitch Card Edge Socket. Card edge connectors also have expansion slot standards for Peripheral Component Interconnect, Peripheral Component Interconnect Express, and Accelerated Graphics Port cards and marked the beginning of video game cartridges. The card edge connectors are used in solid-state lighting as they now have increased current and voltage levels to meet industry standards. Moreover, due to its increase in pin count and signal speeds it was able to support computer signal level advancements. Card edge connectors are used in mainframe or personal computers. Further, they are also used in consumer electronics such as interactive toys and video games. Card edge connectors are also used in exchangers and measuring devices.
An ideal contact in a card edge connector should have wiping action and minimum deflection angle. Conventional card connectors were made of high spring force contact materials while the advanced card edge connectors are made of beryllium copper (BeCu) contact materials. Beryllium copper has long term reliability and high spring force. Costly gold plating is used in beryllium copper contact materials. The new connectors offer higher voltage ratings, higher maximum, operating temperatures and improved electrical features. The other material which is used in new card edge connectors is phosphor bronze which are economical than beryllium copper. Tin plating is used in phosphor bronze contact materials. They do not require secondary forming and use edge stamped contact technology.
The major factor that drives the growth of card edge connectors market is increasing demand for control and measurement equipment’s. Additionally, rise in demand for medical devices and increase in card edge connectors’ usage in LED lighting is set to drive this market. Moreover, the increase in demand for gaming devices will also fuel the growth of this market. Furthermore, the rapid advances in communication field will drive the card edge connectors market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the market is acquisition to gain more share. For instance, in December 2013, Koch Industries, Inc. acquired Molex LLC. With the acquisition of Molex LLC, Koch Industries, Inc. will gain more market share.
The major players in the card edge connectors market are CONEC Electronic Components GmbH., TE Connectivity Corporation, Amphenol Corporation, 3M Company, Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., AVX Corporation, Kycon, Inc., SAMTEC, Inc., Koch Industries, Inc., and HARTING Technology Group.
Card Edge Connectors Market Segmentation:
By Device Type:
- Gaming Machines
- Measurement Devices
- Medical Equipment
- Control Equipment
- Measurement Equipment
By Socket Type:
- 4 mm Pitch card Edge Socket
- 3.96 mm Pitch Card Edge Socket
- 2.54 mm Pitch Card Edge Socket
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country