Nanosensors are extremely small sensing devices capable of identifying and respond to physical stimuli. They have greater sensitivity, better specificity, and require less power to run. They transfer information about nanoparticles in to data that can be easily analyzed. These sensors are ultra-sensitive and are capable of detecting single virus particles. They are on nanoscale of 10 to 100 nanometers. They are three types of nanosensors, namely, electromagnetic nanosensors, optical nanosensors, and mechanical nanosensors. The nanosensors can be manufactured by three methods, namely, top-down lithography, molecular self-assembly and bottom-up assembly.
Nanosensors can be used in agriculture and food industry for detecting microbes, pollutants and contaminants. They are also used to monitor soil, insecticides, pesticides and herbicides. This will lead to reduced costs, wastes and will improve quality of production. Nanosensors will help confirming safety, freshness and quality of the food. They can be used to administer growth hormones to plants in controlled manner. They are used in identification of antibiotics and drugs. In food industry, nanosensors are used to detect toxins, chemicals and pathogens in the food. They are also used in packaging materials to identify the chemicals released during spoilage of food. While transporting the food, product conditions can be monitored with the help of nanosensors. In industry, they are used to detect gases such as ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and warfare gases. Moreover, they are also used in detection of chemical vapors, bacteria and viruses with the help of nanotubes. In healthcare field, they are used to monitor blood glucose levels in diabetes patients. Moreover, they are also used in detection of cancer, asthma or heart diseases. Biosensors can be used to identify DNA. They can also be used to detect organic molecule such as amino acid, fatty acid and lipid. They are able to detect change in temperature, pH or moisture. In aerospace, they can be used to detect radiation damage in astronauts as they are capable of passing through membranes and enter into white blood cells. In military field, nanosensors can be used in creating armors, defense weapons and in diagnosis of disease in military personnel.
The drivers for nanosensors market are low cost, reduced power consumption and increasing demand for nanosensors. Additionally increase in the research and development will also fuel the growth of this market. Moreover, technological advancements such as heart attack nanosensor are set to drive the growth of this market. For instance, in September 2016, a team of researchers from Manchester developed heart attack nanosensor. This device would enhance patient survival rates. Furthermore, increased communication facilities will further drive this market. However large scale production of nanosensors will hamper the growth of the market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the market is product launch to be a pioneer and gain more share. For instance in December 2016, Nanowear, Inc. received FDA clearance for cardiac-monitoring clothing. It is a cloth based sensor technology. With the launch of the cardiac-monitoring clothing, Nanowear, Inc. will be a pioneer and gain more market share.
The major players in the nanosensors market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Boeing, Dow Corning, IBM, and Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Nanosensors Market Segmentation:
- Molecular Self-Assembly
- Bottom-Up Assembly
- Top-down Lithography
- Food Management
- Security, Surveillance and Military
- Environmental Monitoring
- Biomedical and Healthcare
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country