Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Size Is Projected To Be Around $800 Million By 2025
Publish Date :
A research study titled, Infection Surveillance Solutions Market by Product and End User - Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” published by Crystal Market Research, states that the infection surveillance solutions market is projected to be around $800 million by 2025.
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are the infections that affect patients in a healthcare setting while they are receiving treatment for other health conditions. Some of the common HAIs include urinary tract infection, central-line-associated bloodstream infection, ventilator-associated pneumonia and surgical site infection. Such infections can be associated with various devices used in healthcare settings for medical procedures such as ventilators and catheters. Organisms such as Acinetobacter, which is a group of bacteria usually found in water can result in HAIs. Outbreak of such bacterial infections usually occurs in intensive care units accommodating severely ill patients. Some of the other types of organisms that can cause such infections are burkholderiacepacia and clostridium difficile.
Infection surveillance solutions are used for performing comprehensive surveillance for HAIs and for implementing and sustaining evidence-based interventional systems which can prevent organism transmissions and HAIs. Infection surveillance solutions are specifically designed for constantly monitoring and interpreting data related to patients’ health to ensure appropriate implementation of required preventive measures.
Some of the key driving factors for the global infection surveillance solutions market are increasing incidence of HAIs, recent advancements in information technology and increasing expenditure on healthcare IT around the world. However, high cost of infection surveillance software systems along with dearth of skilled professionals who can operate such sophisticated systems can hamper the growth of global infection surveillance solutions market during the forecast period.
Software segment held the largest share of the infection surveillance solutions market in 2016 as they are largely adopted by healthcare institutions to prevent the outbreak of various HAIs through effective monitoring of health related data of their patients. The services segment is expected to register at a fastest growth during the forecast period due to their high demand from healthcare facilities to maintain smooth functioning of software solutions deployed for infection surveillance. Large hospitals segment dominated the end user market in 2016 owing to rapid adoption of infection surveillance systems to mitigate increasing incidence of HAIs in their facilities.
The key players in the global infection surveillance solutions market focus on developing advanced solutions to effectively monitor and interpret patient data and in turn secure a larger market share. Some of the major players operating in the global infection surveillance solutions market are, Cerner Corporation, PeraHealth, bioMérieux, Inc., RL Solutions, Quantros, Inc., Vigilanz Corporation, HyGreen, Inc., Truven Health Analytics (Acquired by IBM), Deb Group Limited (acquired by S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.), Baxter International Inc., GOJO Industries, Inc., Atlas Development Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Premier, Inc. and Wolters Kluwer N.V.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Infection Surveillance Solutions Market by Product and End User - Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” at:
Key Findings of the Research Study:
- Software segment dominated the global infection surveillance solutions market in 2016 owing to the large scale adoption of such software systems in healthcare facilities as they aid in efficiently monitoring and managing large volumes of patient data in an effective manner.
- Services segment is projected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period as demand for associated services related to infection surveillance software solutions is increasing in order to ensure accurate functioning of the software application.
- The large hospitals segment dominated the infection surveillance solutions market with respect to end users as the demand for managing complex patient data increases significantly with increase in magnitude of operations in hospitals.
- North America accounted for over half of the global market for infection surveillance solutions in 2016 owing to the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure and information technology in the region.
- Asia-Pacific infection surveillance solutions market is anticipated to experience fastest growth during the forecast period due to rising awareness related to HAIs and their preventive measures.