Cell Line Development Market Is Projected To Be Around $6.41 Billion By 2022
Publish Date :
A research study titled, “Cell Line Development Market by product Type - Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2022” published by Crystal Market Research, states that the Cell Line Development Market Is Projected To Be Around $6.41 Billion By 2022.
In 2012, the global cell line development market was evaluated approximately USD 1.92 billion and is anticipated to reach around USD 6.41 billion by 2022 while maintaining a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.44% during the forecast period. The cell is the fundamental life unit, cell lines are the culture originated from a single cell, and is germinated under natural conditions in the laboratory where the cell can proliferate and grow indefinitely. The growth of cell line needs various growth factor and nutrients. The stem cell is normally chosen for culture. The cell line is classified in three section on the basis of the sources, as generally taken from tumor tissue, altered in which standard cell undergo change owing to genetics. Stem cells and tumor cell which can produce diverse cell type and depend on morphology is divided into 3 types - fibroblast, lymphoblast and epithelial.
The global cell line development market is expected to show extensive growth with a significant during the projected period from 2012 to 2022. Cell line development market is expected to be an emerging market during the forecast years, as the research institutes and market players are developing more sophisticated applications and technology. The cell line technology is widely used in biotechnology and research industry. The factor that impacts the market growth for this section is the augmented monoclonal antibodies demand and elevated demand for vaccines for both animal and humans. High awareness and cost regarding the product as well as its application might hamper the growth of this market.
The key industry participants for the cell line development market are; Lonza Group AG, Selexis SA, Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., GE Healthcare, American Type Culture Collection (ATCC), European Collection of Cell Cultures (ECACC), Corning Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, and WuXi AppTec Inc. According to the products, the global market of this industry is split into, Reagents and Media; Accessories and Consumables and Equipment: Centrifuges, Incubators, Storage Equipment, Bioreactors, and Microscopes. By Application, the market is divided into; Bioproduction, Toxicity Testing, Drug Discovery, Research and Tissue Engineering. On the basis of the type of cell line, the global market is classified as; Continuous Cell Lines, Recombinant Cell Lines, Primary Cell Lines and Hybridomas. By source, the market industry is separated as; Non-Mammalian Cell Line: Amphibians and Insects, and Mammalian Cell Line. Geographically, the global cell line development market is segmented into regions which are; Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, UK and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea and Rest of Asia Pacific), North America (the United States, Mexico and Canada) and Rest of the World (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates and Others).
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cell Line Development Market By Product, Application, Type Of Cell Lines And Source - Global Industry Analysis And Forecast To 2025” at:
Key findings of the cell line development market
- In 2014, reagent and media was the leading product market, due to rising number of cell culture processes.
- In 2014, mammalian cell lines were extensively utilized as cell line development source, due to linked advantages like vital manufacturing of monoclonal vaccines, biologics, and antibodies and correct complex protein expression nature.
- Cell line development has the major application in the bioproduction of therapeutic proteins, biologics, mAbs, biosimilar and vaccines.
- In 2014, North American regional market was the largest one, with market revenue valued at around 800 million owing to the existence of well-developed medical infrastructure, rising cell culture techniques’ adoption rates, encouraging government initiatives and elevated medical expenditure levels.
- Key participants of this market are Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Autoliv, Inc., Delphi Automotive PLC, TRW Automotive, Hitachi Automotive, and Robert Bosch GmbH.