Clinical chemistry is a specialized area of clinical pathology that measures chemical changes in the body for diagnosis and therapeutic purpose. Clinical chemistry is performed by using body fluids such as serum, plasma and blood. Chemical analysers are bench top devices used in all types of laboratories and point of care clinics to determine concentration of certain metabolites in body fluids. Clinical chemistry is used for a wide range of application ranging from simple chemical reaction test for blood to highly advanced chemical test including immunoassays, electrophoresis and spectroscopy. The end result of the biochemical analysis helps clinicians to detect diseases as well as to decide the course of treatment for early recovery.
Most of the biochemical tests are designed to measure increasing blood glucose level or presence of certain metabolites in blood plasma. Other test includes biochemical profiling of organs and to measure body responses to external stimuli. There are almost 400 clinical tests which can be performed with the use of chemical chemistry analyser ranging from simple measurement such as measurement of sodium and potassium in body to highly complex test such as screening for drugs. One of the major applications of clinical chemistry analysers is used in screening test to detect errors in metabolism and toxicology of foreign material entering in the body.
The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to play key role in growth of the market. According to studies conducted by International Diabetes Foundation in 2015, around 400 million adults were suffering from diabetes and this number is expected to reach 640 million by 2040.This increase in prevalence of chronic diseases especially diabetes and cancer will increase demand for early detection test thereby leading to increase demand for clinical chemistry analysers. Furthermore, increasing geriatric population with high risk of developing infections such as malaria and tuberculosis will fuel the growth of the global market. In addition, technological innovations and laboratory automation for improved data acquisition for accurate results and reduced scanning time will propel growth of the overall market. However, high cost of chemical analysers and dearth of skilled professionals is expected to slow down growth of the market.
The global manufacturers of chemical analysers include Abbott Diagnostics, Roche Holding AG, Beckman Coulter, Siemens AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Randox Laboratories Ltd., ElitechGroup, Horiba, and Mindray. These players have implemented strategies such as new product launch, mergers and acquisitions to strength their global presence by acquiring larger market share. For instance, in January 2017, Roche Holding AG had launched new haematology testing solution known as Cobas m 511 integrated hematology analyser for faster and more accurate diagnosis of blood diseases. This product overcomes challenges of hematology testing by integrating digital morphology analyser, cell counter and cell analyser into single system. Similarly Roche Holding AG in August 2016 acquired Kapa Biosystems, to make strong presence in next generation sequencing products including rDNA and polymerase chain reactions.
Technological innovations coupled with development of new cell based assays methods will provide lucrative market opportunities for players operating in the global market. Manufacturers are focusing on developing customized analysers for laboratories that enable them to process large number of samples at a time. Furthermore with advancements in software technology, key players will be able to offer highly sophisticated analysers with increase speed and high degree of automation.
Clinical Chemistry Analysers Market Segmentation:
- Very Large
By Test Type
- Basic Metabolic Panel
- Electrolyte Panel
- Liver Panel
- Lipid Profile
- Renal Profile
- Thyroid Function Panel
- Specialty Chemical Tests
By End User
- Academic Research Centres
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country