Connector is an electrochemical element which is necessary for attaching electrical circuits together. Automotive connectors are components that connect the electronics and safety devices in automobiles which will be useful in communication and navigation. The latest automobiles are available with advanced safety features. Moreover, there is a need arising for Ethernet due to faster data transmission rate which will increase the adoption rate of advanced connectors. There has been a rise in fuel price which led to the rise in demand for vehicles which are fuel efficient. There are three form factors of automotive connectors, namely, board to board connectors, wire to board connectors and wire to wire connectors. In board to board connectors two circuit boards are connected. On the other hand, in wire to board connectors, components are connected to circuit boards. In case of wire to wire connectors, two wire terminated cables are joined together. The new automotive wirings for electronics are light weighted, low cost and less complex as compared to conventional wiring. In conventional wiring, copper was used which led to increase in the weight of the automobile. The new wiring includes optical fiber which is lightweight and has high bandwidth making it superior to conventional wiring. Fiber optics has higher data rates as they carry pulses of light instead of electricity. The new connectors are helping to simplify the designs in automobile industry. The automotive connectors can help in minimizing the cost of vehicle and save space. The automotive connectors find its application in safety and security of the driver. They will also help in controlling and cooling engine system. They are also used in body control modules for activation of lights and windshield wipers. Automotive connectors are also helpful in maintaining emission and fuel control.
The major factor that drives the growth of automotive connectors market is the increase in demand for high-speed connectivity. For instance, in January 2016, Qualcomm launched automotive processor with integrated LTE modem and machine intelligence. Additionally, inclusion of safety demonstration systems in vehicles is set to drive the growth of this market. Moreover, rise in manufacturers to build vehicles containing advanced safety features such as adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and blind-spot monitoring will boost the growth of this market. Furthermore, rise in the adoption of autonomous vehicles will fuel the growth of this market. However, increasing labor cost can hamper the growth of automotive connectors market.
The key strategy followed by the major players in the market is product launch to gain more share. For instance, in January 2017, Lapp Holding AG launched EPIC SMART in India. These are industrial connectors that are suitable for current up to 16A. With the launch of EPIC SMART, Lapp Holding AG will gain more market share.
The major players in the automotive connectors market are Sumitomo Corporation, Delphi Automotive PLC, Amphenol, and TE Connectivity Corporation.
Automotive Connectors Market Segmentation:
By Connection Type:
- Board to Board Connection
- Wire to Board Connection
- Wire to Wire Connection
By System Type:
- Unsealed Connector System
- Sealed Connector System
By Vehicle Type:
- Electric Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Car
- Body Control and Interiors
- Engine Control and Cooling System
- Safety and Security
- Fuel and Emission Control
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country