ADME stands for absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination, a pharmacokinetics and pharmacology term that describes the disposition of a compound or a drug inside the human body. The four processes represent the effect of a particular drug on human tissues. ADME toxicology test is conducted for assistance with development of new drugs. In traditional drug development process, toxicity and efficacy testing is conducted in in-vivo environment which is the major reason for late stage drug failure in human body owing to the genetic and anatomical difference in humans and animals. ADME toxicology testing successfully eliminates this barrier and hence, it is being rapidly adopted for drug development practices globally. Establishment of high throughput ADME profiling assays enables effective prioritization of drug candidates or leads based on their biopharmaceutical properties. This can not only improve the overall quality of drug candidates but also considerably shorten the drug discovery and development process.
ADME toxicology testing can be broadly classified in terms of technology into in-silico testing, in-vitro testing and in-vivo testing. In vitro testing procedures are performed outside of a living organism in a controlled environment. In in-vivo studies, testing is conducted using a whole living organism in the form of animal studies or clinical trials. In-silico studies refer to a study conducted on a computer or via computer simulation. In-vitro testing is being increasingly preferred lately due to rising ethical concerns regarding animal use in clinical trials. In-silico technologies are also witnessing increased acceptance due to their cost effective nature and higher throughput ADME screening capability.
Some of the key factors contributing to the growth of global ADME toxicology testing market are rising adoption of ADME toxicology testing by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and increased demand for cell-based assays in drug discovery. As ADME testing has proven to be an efficient time and cost curbing alternative for traditional testing procedures, the market will witness favorable growth owing to escalating acceptance ADME toxicology testing in coming years. However lack of in-vitro models to detect immune-stimulation and autoimmunity can hamper the market growth to some extent.
The key players operating in the ADME toxicology testing market focus on product development to introduce advanced drug development and toxicology testing platforms and secure a larger share of the market. For instance, in April 2017, Corning Incorporated introduced Corning transportocells, HEK293-derived ABC transporter membrane vesicles along with Corning Supersomes ultra human aldehyde oxidase (AO) enzyme in order to extend its ADME/Tox product offerings. Some of the major players operating in the global ADME toxicology testing market are, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Dassault Systèmes SE, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Cyprotex PLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Optivia Biotechnology Inc.
ADME Toxicology Testing Market Segmentation
- In-silico Testing
- In-vitro Testing
- In-vivo Testing
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
We use both primary as well as secondary research for our market surveys, estimates and for developing forecast. Our research process commence by analyzing the problem which enable us to design the scope for our research study. Our research process is uniquely designed with enough flexibility to adjust according to changing nature of products and markets, while retaining core element to ensure reliability and accuracy in research findings. We understand both macro and micro-economic factors to evaluate and forecast different market segments.
Data is extensively collected through various secondary sources such as annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, and other corporate publications. We also refer trade magazines, technical journals, paid databases such as Factiva and Bloomberg, industry trade journals, scientific journals, and social media data to understand market dynamics and industry trends. Further, we also conduct primary research to understand market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and competitive scenario to build our analysis.
Data Collection Matrix
Data Collection Matrix
Primary Data Sources
- Distributors & Wholesalers
- Healthcare Providers
Secondary Data Sources
- Annual Reports/SEC Filings/ Investor Presentations/ Press Releases
- Government/Associations Publications
- Case Studies
- Reference Customers
Market Modeling and Forecasting
We use epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to forecast market size of different segments at country and regional level.
- Epidemiology-based Forecasting Model: This method uses epidemiology data gathered through various publications and from physicians to estimate population of patients, flow of treatment of individual disease and therapies. The data collected through this method includes statics on incidence of disease, population suffering from disease, and treatment population. This method is used to understand:
- Number of patients for particular device or medical procedure and
- Repeated use of particular device depending on health and condition of patient
- Capital-based Forecasting Model: This method of forecasting is based on number of replacements, installed-based and new sales of capital equipment used in various healthcare and diagnostic centers. These three parameters are calculated and forecast is developed. Installation base is calculated as average number of units per facility; while sales for particular year is calculated from number of new and replace units. Secondary data is collected through various supply chain intermediaries and opinion leaders to arrive at installation and sales rate. These techniques help our analysts in validating market and developed market estimates and forecast.
We do forecast on basis of several parameters such as market drivers, market opportunities, industry trends government regulations, raw materials supply and trade dynamics to ensure relevance of forecast with market scenario. With increasing need to granulized information, we used bottom-up methodology for forecasting where we evaluate each regional segment differently and combined all forecast to develop final market forecast.
We believe primary research is a very important tool in analyzing and forecasting different markets. In order to make sure accuracy of our findings, our team conducts primary interviews at every stage of research to gain deep insights into current business environment and future trends and key developments in market. This includes use of various methods such as telephonic interviews, focus groups, face to face interviews and questionnaires to validate our research from all aspects. We validate our data through primary research from key industry leaders such as CEO, product managers, marketing managers, suppliers, distributors, and consumers are frequently interviewed. These interviews provide valuable insights which help us to have better market understanding besides validating our estimates and forecast.
Quantitative Data (2017-2025)
- Market Dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges)
- Industry Trend Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Government Policies and Regulations, Patent Analysis, and Reimbursement Policies
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis
- Key Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Market Assessment and Forecast
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Product
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Technology
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Application
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By End User
- Market Assessment and Forecast, By Region/Country