Dental Implants And Prosthetics Market Size Is Projected To Be Around $16 Billion By 2025
Publish Date :
A research study titled, “Dental Implants and Prosthetics Market by Product and Material - Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” published by Crystal Market Research, states that the dental implants and prosthetics market is projected to be around $16 billion by 2025.
The primary role of modern dentistry is to restore and enhance normal contour, esthetics, function and speech in patients suffering from dental problems such as cavities, untreated tooth decay and other periodontal disorders. With continued research over the years, various implant and prosthetic designs, materials and techniques have emerged enabling rehabilitation of challenging dental deformities. Implants can be used for different instances of tooth loss such as single-tooth implants, partial edentulism and total edentulism. Single-tooth implantation is the replacement of a posterior single missing tooth. Some of the advantages associated with single-tooth implants are reduced risk of caries in adjacent teeth, decreased abutment tooth loss and reduced risk of endodontic problems in adjacent teeth. Total edentulism refers to a state of total toothlessness whereas partial edentulism is the state in which one or more but not all of the natural teeth are missing.
The global dental implants and prosthetics market is majorly driven by factors such as increasing demand for minimally invasive dental procedures, increase in prevalence of periodontal diseases, increasing disposable income in emerging countries, and rising geriatric population around the world. As per World Aging Population report published in 2015 by United Nations, the global population aged 60 years and over is expected to grow by 56% from 901 million in 2015 to 1.4 billion by 2030. This number is projected to rise up to 2.1 billion by 2050. With high prevalence of aging population, the demand for dental prosthetics is expected to increase in coming years. However, unfavorable reimbursement policies related to procedures for dental implants and prosthetics can hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
Premium implants segment dominated the global dental implants and prosthetics market in 2016 as demand for these implants has increased significantly in recent years in developed economies due to high disposable income of the population. Based on the type of material used in dental implants, titanium implants segment held a major share as they are comparatively durable than other types of implants. Discounted implants segment is projected to exhibit fastest growth over the forecast period as these are highly affordable compared to premium implants and hence, will generate high demand in developing countries.
In 2016,Europe occupied a major share of the global dental implants and prosthetics market owing to rising government expenditure on oral healthcare, high disposable income, and increasing aging population.Asia-Pacific dental implants and prosthetics market is estimated grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast perioddue to increasing dental tourism, increasing aging population, and rise in disposable income leading to increased demand for discounted implants.
Product development and strategic expansion through acquisitions are the major strategies adopted by the key players in the global dental implants and prosthetics market. Some of the major players operating in this market are Nobel Biocare Services AG, Danaher Corporation, Dentatus AB, Neoss Limited, InstitutStraumann AG, A.B. Dental, BioHorizons, Inc., Bicon, LLC, CAMLOG Biotechnologies AG, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Avinent Implant System, IvoclarVivadent AG, OSSTEM IMPLANT.CO., LTD, and DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Dental Implants and Prosthetics Market by Product and Type of Facility - Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” at:
Key Findings of the Research Study:
• In 2016, premium implants segment held a major share of the dental implants and prosthetics market owing to the rising demand for these implants fueled by increased disposable income in developed countries.
• Based on the type of material used,titanium implants accounted for the largest share of the overall market in 2016 due to extensive adoption of titanium implants as they exhibit high strength, durability, and biocompatibility.
• Discounted implants segment is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period as demand for these types of implants is increasing in emerging countries owing to their affordable prices.
• Europe held a major share of the global dental implants and prosthetics market in 2016 owing to increasing healthcare expenditure, rising aging population and availability of favorable policies.
• Asia-Pacific dental implants and prosthetics market is projected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period due to increasing demand for dental procedures facilitated by rising disposable income in the region.